Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The missing peice


Pete left today. Well really he is 3 blocks away at a hotel. Technically he flies out on Wednesday, but they like to keep tabs on the new recruits. He will spend tomorrow at the processing station. It wasn't until he handed me his cell phone that I broke down. Not being able to call him, text him, not getting his random phone calls in the day just to tell me what he is eating. I'm trying to focus on the good that is coming from this separation. A new appreciation for my love. The past several year have been so trying on our relationship. The lose and gain our family has felt takes its toll. However, we have made it through. He is my best friend. We share everything, and I wish I could be his shadow the next 10 weeks, to see first hand what he is going through. We spent the morning making videos to show Charlie. Videos of her and daddy, singing, playing, him whispering how much he loves her. Ill post one here once I get them uploaded.

I got into a car accident 3 days ago. I'm sore, but lucky. What hurt me the most was lying in a C-spine in the hospital room and seeing my husband come walking up to me with an absolute look of fear on his face. He didn't need that right before he leaves...neither did I. We were supposed to go to a fancy dinner the night of the accident. I took an alternate way home, to stop by Ross and pick up a nice dress. Sucks. Now i'm mending an aching heart and back. I just keep reminding myself of how lucky I am. There were 4 cars involved. 2 were totaled..1 rolled. I had my angels looking out after me on Friday. Thanks Jim and Sue.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite books from my childhood "The Missing Piece". Its about a circle who is missing a piece. He goes searching for it so he can roll smoothly. Peter is my missing piece. Even though we argue like couples do, get on each others nerves, complain about little bad habits each of us have, we work well together.

When Pete and I first started dating he called me his "Johnny Cokrin". He said I was his representation. It was cute. Last night when we were cuddling after Charlie went to bed, I brought that up. He said "Ya, you are my Johnny Cokrin, and I am your OJ". We both started laughing so hard we started crying. He said "Wait, that's not right..I take it back!" I love my man.

3 comments:

  1. I love you guys... What an amazing step for your future, a sacrifice on everyone's parts. You're all in our prayers, I hope this time FLIES by and you can have your man back and Char can have her daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all.

    L&C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love and prayers are with you during this separation. I know you will keep busy-busy until you are back in Pete's arms. All my love, Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete