Monday, September 21, 2009

Day to day

Day to day. Today.

I got an unexpected phone call from my love a couple days ago. It was awesome. I had just woken up, and heard my phone ring. Expecting it to just be the stupid insurance company just telling me something else was wrong, I answered hastily. When I heard his voice say "Bre, its Pete" I immediately broke out in a sob. Its funny that he always tells me "its Pete" on the phone. Like I wouldnt recognize his voice from a million miles away. He sounded just as relived to hear me as I was him. Its funny. Couples get so use to having each other there, that I think they dont realize how in sync and reliant they are on just each others presence. So many nights over the past 10 months, after we got the baby to sleep, we would just sit in silence. Him watching something on the TV and me on the computer dorking out over cloth diaper and mommy things. I would give anything to just sit in silence with my husband right now. Only parents can understand the romance of silence after a day of taking care of an active baby. Every once in a while we would look at each other and smile...thats all we needed.

I find myself just pretending Pete is at the beach lifeguarding. It helps. I still dont have an address to send Pete his letters. Im going to call his recruiter tomorrow and see if he cant help me out. I picture pete going to mail call, just to not have anything there and it upsets me.

I think the transition of him being gone would have been smoother if I wasnt dealing with the car crap. I really despise it. I think I have found a car that would be great for us, and I will find out tomorrow if they accepted my offer. We will see.

The days are going by faster,and for that I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading this! You have such a way with words. I can really tell how much you love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Erin from jm by the way.

    ReplyDelete