Friday, September 4, 2009

The beginning and the end




















































































































































Ive created this blog as a way to keep Pete up to speed with me and Charlie's day to day adventures, to document the trials and tribulations that come with being and Army family, and also as a form of therapy I guess. I should say right off the bat that I am horrible at grammar and spelling, but i get my point across.

Pete and I met in November 2005. I was friends with the drummer of his old band Airport 81 and we hit it off right away.Our courtship included going to see live music, traveling around with Airport 81 taking pictures of them playing, and watching zombie movies while drinking tequila...it was awesome. Pete and I moved into our first house together in October of 06. A little house in Golden Hill. Pete proposed to me July of 07. I had been cleaning all day and he stopped me in the living room on my way to the bath and said "Do you want to rock and be my wife?" Of coarse i said yes. We got married October 12 2007. I planned the wedding in 2 months. Petes mother Sue had been battling lung cancer and it meant a lot to us to have her at the wedding. The wedding was perfect. We honeymooned in Maui. March of 08 we found out we were expecting our first in December 08. 2 months before Charlie was born Sue died after a long battle with lung cancer. 2 days later, after our baby shower, Pete found his older brother Jim dead . He was 33. Charlie was born December 2 2008.....she is brilliant. Pete decided to join the army this past summer and is leaving for Basic Training Monday. Our life in a nutshell. Of coarse there is a lot missing. I could write a book about the details of our life, but i wont. More shall be revealed in future blogs. This is the beginning of our new life....our Army life, consisting of who knows what, who knows where, and who knows when. Sounds exciting, right? This is also the end of and old life. A life where I have a husband who feels like he isnt doing what he should be, the end of just settling. So, the beginning and the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment