Monday, March 15, 2010

Past, Present, Future





I recently spent a week in Albuquerque visiting my Dad, Step-mom, and little sister. Traveling solo with a baby is rough. I decided not to bring the stroller, and rather wear Charlie in my Podaegi on my back. It was so much easier, and left me with two free hands to man the luggage. I got a ton of stares.

Coming home to New Mexico is always strange for me. It holds so many memories. A lot of good ones, and equally just as many bad memories. I have a tendency to push bad memories so far in the back of my brain, that i dont remember them at all, until im in the city that my ghosts live in. Its good. Its painful, but good to remember the past. Reminds me of who I am now....and thats whats important.

Charlie wasnt feeling well most of the trip. I assumed it was just the new place and new people, and this big ol molar she has been trying to cut. Then her nose started running non stop and she started to get a cough. The trip home was rough. I was so happy to be home. Unfortunately I was greeted with a horrible cold when we got home, and i have been pretty laid up since we got back. Being sick with a baby sucks. Luckily my mom is here, and as i type this im lying in her bed while she watches Charlie so i can rest. Moms rock.

This week marks one month until Pete graduates AIT. One month until we move. Still not exactly sure where or when that will be, but we know its coming. I know that there is a ton of stuff i should be doing, but i dont know where to start. I think in a way i dont want to start until pete gets here. The Army will be doing the move for us, so really i just need to start weeding threw the stuff we dont want. Its freaking me out. Im so excited to be a family with my husband once again, but so scared at the same time. Leaving my mom. Its starting to sink in that she isnt coming with us. I want to break out sobbing just thinking of it...so i dont. Try to focus on the excitement of being in a new place with my husband instead. Charlie is so smart, and picking up new things every day. I cant wait for Pete to start teaching her things. I cant wait to see them love each other again..this time different. I cant wait for her to hug and kiss her daddy, for her to lead him around playing with him. She needs her daddy. He helped make her, and its time for him to help teach her.

So heres to the past (ghost of NM) present (sick and scared ) and future (cha cha changes).


1 comment:

  1. You are such a good writer. Sorry about the sickness, we've been passing it back & forth here too. It does suck to be sick when you have kids. As for your mom not going with you, I think that you should tell the army to pack her & move her too!

    ReplyDelete