Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring on Bonnieview

Spring has sprung. Children are getting there pictures taken with bunnies, wedding invitations every other day in the mail, and the flowers are starting to look oh so gorgeous. I love spring, but I say that at the beginning of ever season.

I was able to get out of the house last night to have dinner with a bunch of friends, all of whom have known my husband for 10 plus years. It made me miss him so. I love hearing stories about him. I love seeing him through other peoples eyes. Its like an outside perspective of how truly awesome he is.....im proud to be Mrs Sneaky. It felt good to eat dinner at a slower pace then usually. Everyone seems to be getting married or getting pregnant. I love it. I love.....love.


This morning I got together with two dear friends of me and Peters who are in town from Tennessee. Its so nice for Charlie to have other midgets to run around with, and for me to have another mama to vent with. Most of the time me and Ellie didnt even have to finish a sentence, we just knew what the other one is saying. Peter has know Brian since he was 3 or so. They were best friends. The Throop house is just down the street from the Kerr house. Their back yard is just wonderful. Nice big trees, grass, and shade. Lots of toys for the kiddies. It was a perfect day. Peter as a boy played in this yard. I pictured him running around, laughing and having fun. I could hear him laughing through Charlies laughter. I thought of how much he would enjoy watching her play in grass that he once did. Sitting with his old dear friend, watching their Children play and have fun together. The day will come soon where Pete and Brian can do this, and it will be lovely.

I got to talking with Joan (Brians mom) about Sue. She has known the Kerr's for 20 plus years. In a way watching her watch Charlie made me feel as though Sue was there. Joan started crying a little when we talked of the dreaded week 18 months ago, and it hit me again just how loved and adored the Kerrs are....how Sue was. It aches my heart daily that she never got to touch Charlie...i know she sees her from heaven....but touch her. Bonnieview has a lot of memories......good and bad, but thats life. Good and bad...Yin and Yang. Its nice to be among your people though (or your greatest loves people)....nice to feel the breeze of laughter past and present.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Bre, it's amazing to see how the magic on that street continues to shine - no matter where those kids live. I feel so lucky to be a part of it - just like you! I'm so stoked to have such a lovely lady as yourself as a friend - thanks for getting together with us! Love, El

    ReplyDelete