Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Moments and time




Im not sure why I havent written a new entry in a while. I think sometimes I put a bubble around myself hoping that it will make time go by a little bit faster. Waiting to be with my husband again. At the same time, Charlie is growing so fast and changing everyday, that I want time to slow down too.

Ill start with Charlie. She is the most amazing person I have ever met.....and she is only one. She makes me laugh all day long. We have these moments. Like today, we were taking a shower
together...just for fun. Well, I needed to take a shower, but I knew it would be fun for her. She stands with her face in the stream of the water shrieking with joy. I look down at her, she looks up at me, and we are in love. I try to freeze these moments in my soul, because time does go by so fast. Im having to come up with more creative ways to entertain her through out the day. We have been with out a car for the past week, because its getting fixed, so I cant just take her to the park to run around. We make cookies, listen to music and dance dance dance. Build forts and chase the kitties around. Its amazingly simple, and perfectly wonderful. Im so lucky.

This past month I had my first experience as a Doula. It has been wonderful. Not the scenario I pictured my first birth at all. The mama im a doula for was pregnant with triplets. She ended up having a Cesarean, and I was able to be with her during the surgery and in recovery. I have been helping her post partum as well. Its all being filmed for a TV show on TLC, which is exciting being able to advocate Doulas, but im more excited about the experience with the the mom and babies. Birth is such a sacred thing. To be able to be a part of it is truly a wonderful thing. I love it. I cant wait until I can focus all of my extra time on helping mamas.

We found out where we will be moving to in April. Its not 100% but its looking like we are moving to Alaska. At first I was taken a back to say the least, but now im starting to get really excited. Alaska is gorgeous, and to say that ive lived there is so cool! What an awesome place for Charlie too. Im most looking forward to having my husband with me every night again. So we can have our moments. So he can see Charlie everyday, and they can have their moments. Pete is coming home this weekend. Last visit home before he graduates AIT, then off to the great white north. What an adventure!

My next big purchase will be a digital SLR camera. My digital sucks, and im tired of not being able to capture our moments proper...

1 comment:

  1. DUDE - we so should visit you in ALASKA! That is incredible. Great post, love the shower story - that is SO something I would do. Sorry to hear about the wagon :(

    Go check out the deals at B&H Photo for refurbed Digital SLRs, I got my Nikon D80 there for a great price as a kit with the body, lens, etc.

    Love you,
    El

    ReplyDelete