Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello Goodbye

Pete was intown this weekend, a little more then 48 hours of us being a family. It feel so good....a little foreign at this point, but good. Its like "oh ya, this is us". We stuffed as much in to the 2 days he was here as we could.

On Saturday we woke up and had a big breakfest. Once Charlie went down for her morning nap, we put on "Zombie Land". I love watching Zombie movies with my sweetie. We then went shopping for some new clothes for mom and dads date night. It was gorgeous out, so we decided to head to the beach. Charlie is so amazing. She loved it...just like her dad. She kept picking up seashells and handing them to us. Next thing ya know, me and Pete are carrying around hand fulls of shells. Every shell she found was the most exciting thing to her. Its these moments that my souls shines....and even more that her daddy could be there to see her discovering the beach.











Saturday night we had reservations at Donavan's..... finally I won a 100 dollar gift certificate to it 2 years ago. The day I got into my accident we were suppose to go..but obviously that didnt happen. It was wonderful. The food was amazing, and how wonderful to have an adult dinner every once in a while. I felt gorgeous in my new outfit, and Peter looked so handsome. After dinner we went to Imperial house. My favorite bar in town. It was where Pete took me on our first date, and where we had our first kiss. I knew it was probably our last time there for a while so it was bitter sweet. We headed home after a couple drinks, to be greeted with an angry Charlie. When i walked in the door, she looked at me like "uhhhh...put me to bed!".









I had to work Sunday, but it was wonderful for Pete to have some alone time with Charlie. She does love her daddy. He took her to the Zoo, and I was so glad he got to see her delight at the Animals. I made us dinner, and put the baby to bed. When I returned to spend some good time with Pete before I drove him to the airport, I found him dead asleep...snoring. Even though I really wanted to wake him, to savor the last couple hours we had...I let him sleep. Sound sleep in your own home is a precious thing. I hated having to wake him, to tell him it was time to go. The drive to the airport was serenaded by the first mix CD pete ever made for me. I must have listened to this CD a million times when we first started dating. Its always to short of a drive to the airport, long drive home by myself. These trips are such teases, dont get me wrong I wouldnt trade them for the world, but its just a tast of what it feel like to have a husband and father around....i miss him. We kissed goodbye, and i could tast his chapstick the whole way home. Month and half and we will be a family together again...

No comments:

Post a Comment