Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two years
















Pete and I's 2 year anniversary is tomorrow. I sent him some cough drops and a card. I got a call from him today, which was the best anniversary gift I could ask for. His calls are bitter sweet. I miss him terribly when I get off the phone, but feel a little bit more energized.

Our wedding was glorious to say the least. I planned it in only 2 months, which I have to give myself praise for. It was an amazing party....and boy did everyone party. One of my favorite moment was watching Pete dance with his mom. Pete picked out the song "Edelwiss" from The Sound of Music. It was a cover, and the woman who sung it had a very "bijorky" sound. The moment the song came on and Pete and Sue started dancing, everyone started singing along...everyone. The next day my Aunt said to me "I didnt know that moments like that happened in real life...it was a musical come to life!". She was right. Thats how magical of a moment it was. I had thrown my neck out earlier that day, and was fighting a mean cold..but it didnt stop me from having the time of my life. It was what I always dreamed of. Im a lucky girl.

I reminded Pete on the phone of how lucky we are to have the kind of love that we have. The kind of love the perseveres. Tomorrow I will be thinking of the happy days in the past, and even happier days in the future. I love being Mrs. Sneaky Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment